Friday 2 December 2011

Day Two.....and going strong :)

So I'm beginning to think that the twelve tags of Christmas should be renamed "So you thought you had plenty of Tim Holtz products guess again"
Once again I discovered how truly lacking I am in that department. But at the same time I stare at the plethora of stuff I have and I fight back the urge to go and get myself some new stuff. LOL! My mantra has become "It's not about sameness it's about inspiration"
First off I didn't have the kraft resist christmas papers (I have the Halloween ones but I don't think they are interchangeable, do you?) so I went about creating my own form of kraft resist. I started with some plain kraft cardstock and stamped on it in archival sepia ink. Then I used my versamark and stamped the sentiment "deck the halls" and embossed with clear embossing powder. I have the picket fence distress stain so I was good to go there. Next came the deer. I don't have that die (Surprise!) so I traced out and hand cut it . I do have sticky back canvas but alas I have misplaced it so I used some mulberry paper to cover the deer and to feather out the edges with my wire tool (Shocker ... I have that tool). Next I distressed and inked up the edges with brushed corduroy because I like the gold tones that it has. I then cut out some grunge paper using my ornate on the edge die (again something I already had) painted it with gold dabber paint, put some small brads in and voila!  The green wreath around the deers neck is just some wool fibre that I had in my stash that I painted with some green ink.
And now (drum roll please.......)

2 comments:

  1. sweet background! and the snow on the background .. As well Bambi stands as the winner with a medal!

    ReplyDelete