Thursday 1 December 2011

So Here Is My First Tag

Even though I thought that I had a good supply of Tim Holtz's dies it turns out that I didn't have any of the ones that he used for today's tag. Correction, I did have the one to cut the actual tag out :)
Anyway I didn't let that stop me, after all this is supposed to be about being inspired and not about copying things exactly. Right?
So I went to work trying my best to create something similar to Tim's tag with the products that I had in my stash. First off I used just regular cardstock since I didn't have the kraft cordinations stuff. I dry embossed it using a cuttlebug embossing folder called Christmas countdown.( I figured that any one would do but I wanted to keep it Christmassy) Anyway on I plugged. My pinecones were made using the smallest flower off of the tattered floral die and if I do say so myself they turned out pretty good. The leaves are just an assortment of punches and dies that I have and I just hand cut a banner out of some music sheets that I have.
It was the word NOEL that almost drove me crazy, I tried various stamps but nothing seemed to look right to me. Finally I busted out some grungboard letters that I have and glittered them out.
So without further ado here is my take on the first day's tag.

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Russia!
    I also do tags) http://anna-vestochka.blogspot.com/
    Your just fabulously beautiful! I like the colors and decorations.
    I wish you inspiration

    ReplyDelete