Sunday 11 December 2011

Do I Dare Say It?

I don't know............. I feel like its almost sacrilegious to say this but I'm not really thrilled with this tag. I wasn't all that keen to make this tag when I first looked at it. But I'm committed to making them all so I sat down and planned how best to do this. Now that I've said that and put it out into the universe I'm thinking that I may now have to fill a mini mister and start keeping it under my pillow. I've already had to advise someone to do that and so far it seems to have kept her safe so I'm hoping that it will work for me too!
Anyway, as is par for the course I really didn't have the supplies on hand to make this tag so I substituted a little of this and a little of that. Threw in a pinch of something completely different and made my tag.
I didn't have any glossy paper so I used just a regular tag (I've been cutting all of my tags out of old file folders, some kraft colour and some white. I used white today). I stamped out my Christmas tree and my sentiment and then inked them up. The tree is inked with evergreen bough and the sentiment is inked with festive berries. Then I inked up my background with faded jeans, weathered wood and iced spruce. Not exactly the most festive of colours but I thought they went well together.
Then came time for the whole shrinking thing. I don't have the ranger shrink plastic but I do have shrinky dink (whoever thought of that name? ) I've never used it before but there's no time like the present to experiment! Anyway since I don't have the melting pot (no surprise there I'm sure!) I decided to do it on the stove. I know hey... I astound myself with my daring. Thank god I don't have little kids to set an example for! Anyway I cut the shrinky dink (try saying that name with a straight face ) with the only Christmas die that I own. I used a Basic Grey sizzix ornament die. Then I dropped them into the melted utee and shrunk them. They turned out a little bit wonky but that's okay. Anyway I stuck down everything on the tag and called it a day!
So here is my offering for today......

1 comment:

  1. very pretty tree! I was not a fan of my result (start or finish) of todays tag either and I didn't even have the shrinky dink! That's the one thing thats great though that we can find other items to substitute so we can still end up with a finished project.

    ReplyDelete