Wednesday 7 December 2011

What can I say????????

Today when I opened my web browser and beheld the beauty of today's tag I actually caught my breath. Then when I read the list of supplies I almost put my head down and wept....... I actually have glassine paper and I know where it is!!!
I got started right away on alcohol inking the paper and drying it, but of course I don't have any dies that cut holly leaves so I painstakingly cut out my leaves. I was so involved with everything that I was doing that I almost forgot that I was supposed to be at a friends house for 1 ish. It was difficult for me to do but I left the safety of my craft desk and headed out into the cold. At some point during my absence though a couple of my holly leaves went missing...... I can't be 100% sure but I'm 99.9% sure I know who the guilty parties are.
Again I have some distress stains but of course not the right colours........ is there ever going to be some aged mahogany or some Victorian velvet used? Is that asking too much?
So once again I pulled out my reinkers, I have pumice stone but I don't have antique linen so I substituted tattered rose. I then did the "ghost" stamping.... a technique at which I utterly suck! I then got some white beads out of my stash and used my alcohol inks to make them red.
I don't think that my fingers are ever going to be the same again......they are completely stained with various colours but I have to say that the red alcohol ink makes me look like I'm some sort of a serial killer.
I managed to get the whole thing together finally! I can't believe how many techniques Tim manages to fit into each tag. This has certainly been quite the challenge for me.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sault, Along with very talented, you are too funny. Great writing! I also own glassine paper, and know where it is located,...so maybe someday I'll be making something with it!! Oh, have you tried the Ranger Craft Scrubbie to get your fingers clean? It actually works, and of course has Tim's endorsement. Linda S. in NE

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Your adjustment helped,...it only took me two sign-ins with Blogger to get my comment to post. Linda S. in NE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda
    I haven't tried the scrubbie I think that I may have to purchase one. People are giving me funny looks in public.
    Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete