Thursday 8 December 2011

I Had Such Fun Today!

I think that I'm probably one of the last holdouts who hasn't bought seam binding. I just can't seem to bring myself to buy any when I have tons of ribbon that I barely use.
But enough of that .... Today I actually had most of the items that were used .
I had the stamp with the guys on it and I had the stamp of the pointing finger, but the stamp set that has my guys on it doesn't have the other steam punk stamps on it. I'm not sure why that is but for some reason it doesn't.
Anyway I didn't let that get in my way. I pulled a couple of other stamps and did the background technique with them I think the worked just fine.
Then I cut out the gears ( and surprise I had that die so I didn't have to hand cut those things) but alas much to my dismay I don't have the clock die. So I used my masks as a template and cut one out by hand.
I also don't have the tiny attacher so I used a big utility stapler that I have. The staples are pretty big but I think it actually adds to the steam punk theme.
I don't have the same embellishments so I just went through my stash and finished it off with those.
Personally I think that the whole think turned out pretty well...
Yep...today I actually am pretty relaxed cause I didn't have to try and figure out so much over this tag....
But I'm sure that it is only a temporary reprieve. Tomorrow I probably won't have any of the stuff that I need and I'll be back to trying to figure out how best to achieve the effect without buying anything new.

No comments:

Post a Comment