Sunday 11 December 2011

So I finally had to purchase something!

So after many attempts of trying to work around the image transfer I finally had to concede defeat and go out to purchase some packing tape. Subsequently by the time I finally finished my tag I had to run to go to work ( I work nights!) so I couldn't post my tag yesterday.
I started off trying out several different work around for the transfer. The first was using the packing tape that I have but the big S's going through it just didn't do it for me. (Yep I have monogrammed packing tape from Michaels). Next I tried doing the image transfer by using the gel medium and attaching it to the back some acetate but every time I tried to use water to work the paper off of the image it just got the gel medium slippery and the whole image just went sliding off of it completely. Believe me the expletives exploding from the vicinity of my craft desk was definitely not my finest hour. My last attempt and albeit most feeble attempt was using scotch tape. I think I had already recognized the fact that I was going to have to buy some packing tape by this time.
Well by the time I finally was able to do some serious work on my tag time was running out before I would have to leave for work! Unfortunately that also meant that I was rushing through some of the steps and I completely forgot to heat set the stamped image. What was a beautiful stamped image of some poinsettia's in forest moss is now just a nondescript blob in the upper and lower corners of my tag. Oh well what's done is done and I console myself with the thought that it wasn't the focal image of the tag so it really doesn't matter. And as Tim always says... EMBRACE IMPERFECTION !!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment