Tuesday 6 December 2011

Well this is it....Officially at the half way :)

This morning when I sat down to start on the sixth tag in the series I noticed that my craft area smelled strangely like Lifesavers Wint-O-green mints. It usually does have a scent of this because I eat these when I'm crafting, but today it seem stronger than it has in the past. So I started moving things around to see why and it soon came clear the reason behind it. My youngest cat (she is only 7 months) was reaching into the bag and making off with them. As she pranced away with one of the conveniently individually wrapped candies I ran after her. She of course thought that this was a great game! I suspect that this may be payback for the jingle bell incident earlier this week :)
Anyway once I reclaimed my booty from my cat I got down to work on my tag. Of course as is typical I don't own any of the products that Tim was using today.....But I'm not letting that stop me. I didn't have the foil tape so I used the thinner piece of Making Memories Metal sheets.(I'm not sure why I have that in my stash but lucky for me that I did )  I backed it with a large sheet of score tape that I have and then stuck it to a piece of white cardstock. My cuttlebug embossing folder called Christmas Countdown made an encore performance on this tag. Then I used my acrylic paints and painstakingly painted different colours all over the tag.
I have a few tips to impart among you.
1. Wait till the paint dries before burnishing it. If you don't then you might as well have not painted it at all. I learned this the hard way!
2. When Tim tells you that you should wait for the embossed piece to cool down before moving on to the next step it is a good idea to listen. This too I learned the hard way :(
and the third and final tip of the day........
3. Turning on your embossing gun will scatter your cats faster than turning on the vacuum cleaner LOL!
Anyway............ I finished up the tag with some red ribbon ( I really like the red ribbon) and a trinket from the  industrial chic line. I think it looks like an old toy car so it totally suited the tag IMHO.

3 comments:

  1. Stunning tag. Love your colour choices.

    My feline friend's preferred activity while I am tag-making, is to have a snooze draped round my shoulders.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sault, I love this blog and your tag - I too have a fledgling blog and would love to join you on your journey - sorry I seem to be following as an egg! Still too new to work it all out. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag is beautiful. The colors are striking! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete