Saturday 3 December 2011

This is getting ridiculous

It would seem that my posts all have a common theme going... and I don't mean that they are all about the twelve tags of christmas but rather that they are all about the supplies that I don't have :)
Once again I was lacking in the supply department. Even though I had all the reinkers I don't have any cut n' dry felt. Now you think that I would have gotten some cut n' dry at some point since it is a favourite technique of Tim's and I've actually wanted to try it , but of course I just haven't gotten around to it.
So I diligently inked each section of my stamp with different colours of distress ink. And then I huffed and I puffed and I stamped that stamp down. Then I ran an edge embossing folder over the bottom of my tag to give a little dimension. The greenery is again from an assortment punches and dies that I already have. Since I don't have the perfect pearls spray I made due with putting some of the acrylic gold dabber paint and some water in a mini mister and spraying my tag with that. Somewhere in my house is a bag of jingle bells but of course I couldn't find it. They are probably hiding with my sticky back canvas LOL! So I robbed my bell from one of my cats toys. They looked a little confused when I was shaking the toy but a crafter has to do what a crafter has to do.
Even though my tag doesn't look like Mr. Holtz's I still think that I managed to capture the flavour of the tag.

4 comments:

  1. очень красиво!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to say it even though I realize I will probably mysteriously die in my sleep tonight, "I like your tag's better than Tim's"! I have had the same thoughts as you...how can I own so many TH/Ranger products, and hardly have a thing he has used on these three tags? Propping up sagging sales, maybe? Well, I'm a goner now. It's been nice typing to you. Linda S. in NE

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO Linda! You're definitely in trouble now......... if I were you I'd sleep with a mini mister under my pillow. It may be the only thing that saves you.
    But anyway thank you for the compliment it really made my day :) and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who seems to have bought all the wrong TH/Ranger products. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your tag. You had me almost laughing on the floor when you told us where you got your jingle bell from - way to go. You went about this with a creative heart - and it really is WOW!

    ReplyDelete