Friday 9 December 2011

Two Steps Backwards for Every One Step Forward!

So yesterday I was so proud of myself. Not only did I have at least 80% of the supplies for the tag I had managed to finish it in record time ( At least it was a lot less time then the rest of the tags has been taking me)
But for some reason I completely forgot to share the link for it on Tim's site.
Just to clarify something here I want to point out that the reason that I started this blog in the first place was to participate in doing the tags, chronicle my journey and to share a link on Tim's site. I guess its kind of like the supply list yesterday..... I was able to accomplish about 80% of what I set out to do.
That was my first step backwards. The second step backwards was of course something that I had predicted yesterday.... I once again had very few of the supplies that were needed to make this tag. At least everyone else seems to be in the same boat as me so I have plenty of company. And there was the one thing on the supply list that nobody had... The background stamp that Tim used hasn't even been released yet. I mean COME ON.....REALLY!!!! Well I for one wasn't letting that get in my way, realistically I probably wouldn't have owned it anyway even if it was available. That's just the way things have been going.
Instead I used this huge stamp that I have from Harmonie. It's a section of a doily and it measures 5.5 inches by 8.5 inches so it was definitely going to cover my whole tag :) I didn't have the candle die either and truth be told I don't remember ever seeing it before! So once again I cut the candle out by hand. I am getting to be such a pro at that.
Cut the foliage out of the same dies that I've been using all along (But I must admit that I may just break down and buy that one before Christmas) and then just used the dies that I have to do the word Peace. My letters don't look quite as nice as Tim's but at least they spell Peace!! The flourish that I used was cut from a Boss Cut die that I have. Overall I think the effect was pretty close to what Tim did.
And now for my one step forward.... I'm going to go and link my picture on Tim's site and wait for day Ten of the twelve tags of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment